Metrics and best practice from Benchmarking for Performance (B4P)
Assent’s sister company
Assent’s sister company is B4P
Assent’s training, coaching and consulting methodologies are based on the annual expert research done by B4P, its sister company.
Clients are under increasing pressure to do the numbers and allocate investment (people, money, data, time, materials) more efficiently and effectively. B4P helps clients make better decisions around structure and work flows/processes. It shares best practice in the 12 common workstreams in Sales and Marketing Departments and cross-functionally, provides recommendations and solutions, and over 4,000 metrics.
The following metrics are all benchmarked using apples with apples ratios, indices and comparisons to provide the high, low and average spend of companies that look highly similar to yours:
Profit and loss-type metrics
- Spend by specific area, including trading terms, AMP and eCommerce/digital
Productivity and busyness
- Category complexity
- Channel complexity
- Number and type of projects
- Productivity per head
- Number of heads per $1 billion of NSV
Headcount and structure
- Headcount in all functions in Sales, Marketing and Category/Shopper and business partners in HR, Finance, Supply Chain and IT
- Number of heads, allocation of heads by role type
- Effectiveness of particular structures (i.e. a Category team in Sales vs a Category team in Marketing)
- Ideal structures and roles of Innovation/R&D
- Foodservice (away from home and non-measured)
Do you want to know more about B4P?
Visit B4P website